Allegheny City Central
Sunday, August 28th 2016
Sunday August 28th
Buhl Community Park (In front of the Children’s Museum)
This is open to the public.
Rain or Shine
Two Tall Twins
Mathew Tembo and the Afro Routes Band
Vagabond Food Truck
Jim’s Smokin’ Q from Perrytowne Draft House
Allegheny City Brewing
Allegheny City Central℠ is a vibrant urban neighborhood in the heart of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania’s historic North Side.
Nearly 3,000 residents call Allegheny City Central home. Located within walking distance of downtown Pittsburgh, biking trails, and the riverfront, our home is also a destination.
This eclectic community – also known as Central Northside – includes the Mexican War Streets, a designated federal and city historic district. Top-notch cultural and recreational venues draw visitors from around the globe. Residents refer to a lush 80-acre park as our “front yard.” Our small but growing commercial corridor adds to the neighborhood’s appeal, as more buildings are restored for use by business, shops, and restaurants.
Allegheny City Central has a rich history and a bright future. The area was once part of Allegheny City before it was annexed by Pittsburgh in 1907.
• A mobile stage from Flyspace Productions.
• Stories about the neighborhood are being collected onsite by The Saturday Light Brigade.
• Hands-on activities with Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse.
• Featuring local visual art and screenprinting with AIR: Artists Image Resource
• Hands on activities with Mattress Factory – Museum of Contemporary Art
• The Storymobile from Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, which will be giving out free books.
• Historical photos courtesy of Allegheny City Historic Gallery.
• Games from City of Play
• Activities with the Carnegie Science Center
Brought to you by your friends at New Hazlett Theater, Deutschtown Music Festival and The Sprout Fund.