Sunday, October 9th 2016
Sunday October 9th 2016
Riverview Park – Near the Observatory
This is open to the public.
Rain or Shine
Observatory Hill, a neighborhood that offers something for everyone.
Observatory Hill, located on the Northside of Pittsburgh, boasts a tight-knit community, stately homes, a business district, historic Riverview Park, and the Allegheny Observatory. Beautiful mansions dating back to the 1800s line the streets and have been restored to their original splendor. The quaint business district also shows signs of restoration. The residents are proud of their community and have worked together to improve and restore their neighborhood. Each spring, people from all around the area come to see these beautiful homes and businesses during the Observatory Hill Annual House Tour.
This event features:
• A mobile stage from Flyspace Productions.
• Stories about the neighborhood are being collected onsite by The Saturday Light Brigade.
• Hands-on activities with Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse.
• Featuring local visual art and screenprinting with AIR: Artists Image Resource
• Hands on activities with Mattress Factory – Museum of Contemporary Art
• The Storymobile from Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, which will be giving out free books.
• Historical photos courtesy of Allegheny City Historic Gallery.
• Games from City of Play
• Activities with the Carnegie Science Center