Sunday, June 19th 2016
Sunday June 19th
533 Mt. Pleasant Road – Rear
This is open to the public.
Northview Heights was part of Reserve Township before being annexed by Pittsburgh in 1932. At that time, what is now Northview Heights consisted of vacant land which, due to topography, was isolated from Spring Hill (to the south) and Summer Hill (to the north).
During a seven-year period from 1955-1962, the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh developed this vacant land by creating a 999 unit public housing project called Northview Heights.
This event is taking place in the Northview Heights playground and ball field space.
• Free refreshments courtesy of the Northview Heights Citizens Council
• Stories about the neighborhood are being collected onsite by The Saturday Light Brigade.
• Hands-on activities with Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse.
• Public art with AIR: Artists Image Resource
• Historical photos courtesy of Allegheny City Historic Gallery.
• Grow Pittsburgh will preview plans for a garden in Northview Heights.