Sunday, May 1st 2016
Sunday May 1st 2016
2000 Rockledge St. Pittsburgh, Pa
Rain or Shine
Located north of Downtown and neighboring Spring Garden and Troy Hill, Spring Hill is a picturesque neighborhood named for its hilly topography and natural underground springs. This “bedroom community nestled on the hilltop” sprang from German ethnic roots many decades ago and today houses neighbors of diverse races, economics, and social status that gives the community a melting-pot flavor.
• Food trucks will be onsite
• Stories about the neighborhood are being collected onsite by The Saturday Light Brigade.
• Hands-on activities with Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse and Little House Big Art.
• Public art with AIR: Artists Image Resource
• Refreshments featuring the local, in-progress brewery, Spring Hill Brewing.
• Activities with Mattress Factory – Museum of Contemporary Art.
• Historical photos courtesy of Allegheny City Historic Gallery.